Sunday 26 April 2009

ACTUALLY the end

All right, so I lied that last time. THIS is the last post on my European adventure.... and may I point out I have been in the library almost allllll day. Not because I have a ton of work (even though as I'm polishing my papers I am realizing how much they suck... and yet I can't be bothered too much by it) but because the internet in my room died. It is quite tragic and it still hurts to talk about it, but combined with the fact that my phone is out of money, I am very much the hermit. Talk about a change from spending day in and day out with two people for an entire month... ohhhh those giiiirls.

Anyway, so we went on to our last destination -- NICE! (and Monaco but I kind of count the two of them together). There is no doubt in my mind that Nice is AMAZING. I am such a lover of the coast, anywhere, that it is ridiculous. I just feel so much better when I am by the water, I guess. And as Fort told me, Nice is niiiiice (he's so punny!). Sun shining, sparkling blue water, palm trees, basically any stereotype you could imagine about the South of France was embodied in Nice. The first day we sat on the beach (a common theme, even though it was a yucky rock beach. COME ON GUYS GET IT TOGETHER. Sand is where it's aaaat), and watched the sun set.... absolutely gorgeous. the next day we decided to be ultra cool and baller and so on and went to Monaco, a 25 minute train ride away. And I am proud to report that WE GAMBLED!!! Really poorly, but we gambled nonetheless. Probably thirty seconds after I put my five euros in the slot machine, I was out.. Molly actually had some exciting moments with poker, especially when we had people contributing to the success and providing advice, but pretty soon she was out too. and I try not to talk about Jenny. NO I'M JUST KIDDING. The machine did eat her money so that was exciting as well. Who said we didn't know how to gamble? After an overly expensive meal (as strange as this may sound, I just got hit with a craving for in n out, even though I have been there once in my life... I think it's because I'm hungry right now and I was thinking about how Jenny got a burger for lunch that day and then I thought mmmm in n out. weird thought process, I'm glad I brought everyone along for that). Anyway after an overly expensive meal, but it is Monaco after all, we.... went to the beach!!! true looove. I also have the BEST tan lines ever now, from all the combination of the cuts I was wearing, so to all the haters who think I'm too white, no longer!

Next day, we went up to the chateau (possibly. it's all very fuzzy right now), which had GORGEOUS views over the water and the town.... unfortunately we had a little... accident. No, no bed wetting this time... we decided to capture the typical jumping picture and unfortunately I have only had one person who has been able to take it on the first try. So we're trying to get Molly and about ten jumps later, she has THE FATAL JUMP... that is, fatal for her shoe, which is flung off her foot and plummets to the ground below. We peer over the edge, after laughing hysterically, and determine that it MIGHT be in grabbing distance.. so we stumble down to the overlook below, Molly hobbling on one foot, and proceed to come up with an elaborate system for Molly to grab her shoe, consisting of her perched outside the fence trying to prevent people from jumping (or grabbing errant shoes), holding on to one railing for dear life while stretching for the shoe as I maintain a firm hold on her arm in order to push her off. just kidding, in order to grab on to her, although we all know I'm not even strong enough to lift a pizza box, probably. 

So, that afternoon we elect to.... go to the beach! And that, my friends, is how I spent the last few days of my trip. I mean it is the beach rules though -- you don't go for a measly hour, you go for as long as you possibly can. Otherwise it's just insulting. am I right? I am RIGHT.

So, we wake up early the next morning and return to typical London after spending a few days in 70+ weather relaxing on the beach .... it is a little weird to see leaves on the trees and see the sun still up after 6:30. In just two week's time, though, I will be returning to the States, bouncing between DC, VA, and NY for May, then switching between DC and VA for the rest of the summer... about to get back to real life and it is WEIRD.

No comments:

Post a Comment